Green Inside and Out Administrative Assistant/ Program Coordinator Job Description
Green Inside and Out is a recently formed non-profit organization that addresses environmental health issues and provides green lifestyle information on Long Island and beyond. The group does this work via various initiatives: public speaking presentations, a radio show, event coordination, local legislative efforts, and maintaining a blog (see greeninsideandout.com).
Beth Fiteni is the Director, and she has been doing environmental work professionally for over 2 decades. She is about to publish a book on ecofashion (organic cotton, hemp, bamboo, etc.) Help is needed with all aspects of maintaining and growing this nonprofit: technical upkeep of the blog and website, occasional event organization, assistance with organizing contacts and outreach materials, and maintaining a social media presence. We are seeking a part-time administrative assistant/program coordinator who can be on the “same page,” keep things organized, and help keep efforts moving forward and growing, to help educate more people of environmental impacts of their daily choices. This is a good opportunity for a pro-active, entrepreneurial person who wants to help get things done.
Some specific tasks would be:
• Helping widely promote ecofashion book when published with all potential interested parties according to marketing plan
• Maximizing social media presence on various sites
• Helping maintain and promote a blog on green issues; helping organize photos; video editing (or finding someone else who can do so)
• Updating website with current events
• Helping coordinate radio show guests
• Maintaining archive of radio shows on Soundcloud
• Entering business cards and other contacts into excel or other database
• Keeping hardcopy information organized; filing related news articles and materials in files
• Helping identify revenue-generating activities, e.g. venues to offer public presentations
• Ordering educational materials in preparation for speaking events
• Event coordination
• Participating in legislative efforts & meetings
• Assisting with grant-writing
• Other related activities to advance the efforts of the book, blog, projects, events, radio show & overall mission
$14.00 per hour for a limited amount of hours (a ~4-5 hours a week/15-20 hrs/mo). Schedule is flexible and some work can be done from home, but it does require commitment to help see projects through to completion. Some work will need to be done at my home office in Huntington, Long Island. Work style is casual and friendly.
Residing in Long Island or Queens, ideally near Huntington, NY headquarters. Ability to start in September 2017. Committed to and enthusiastic about green/environmental issues including vegan awareness; college educated, familiar with computer programs-- website and Wordpress editing capability, responsible and self-motivated, organized, patient, flexible, detail oriented, and willing to take on any type of task to get the job done, even if mundane. Must have access to a car. Please send your resume & cover letter to the email below to schedule an informal interview.
Please also indicate what you are able or not able/willing to do (We may hire more than one person whose abilities compliment each other):
1. Ecofashion book marketing Y N
2. Organization/filing materials Y N
3. Wordpress/blog technical upkeep Y N
4. Updating website Y N
5. Maintaining archive of radio shows on Soundcloud Y N
6. Entering contacts into excel/database Y N
7. Social media maximization Y N
8. Event and presentation coordination Y N
9. Grant writing and identifying means of funding Y N
10. Coordinate radio show guests Y N
11. Video taping and editing Y N